ABOUT GWEN HENRY.
Gwen Henry understands that families in our community deserve to feel safe and secure. She
uses her knowledge and skills as a CPA to properly collect, protect and distribute tax revenue, so
our communities can afford to appropriately fund its police departments and provide other
critical governmental services
Gwen Henry understands that DuPage County families are already paying too much of their
hard-earned money in taxes. She will draw from her experience and deep understanding of
government’s role in fiscal management, to ensure our tax dollars are properly safeguarded and
invested with care.
Gwen Henry understands that the seniors who built our community shouldn’t be forced to move from their homes as they get older. She can be trusted to protect our senior community and will continue championing programs like the senior tax deferral, senior tax freeze programs, and exemptions that help make their financial ends meet.
Experience & Background
DuPage County Treasurer
As DuPage County Treasurer, Gwen Henry has set the highest standards of excellence in the services she delivers. She will remain committed to you and respectful of the taxes you pay by providing knowledgeable, experienced and trusted leadership to the DuPage County Treasurer’s Office.
Treasurer & Member – DuPage County Forest Preserve
As Treasurer and a member of the DuPage County Forest Preserve, Gwen Henry drew from her deep understanding of government’s role in fiscal management to ensure funding was available to acquire open space in our forest preserves, including the Oliver Hoffman property. These forest preserves and open spaces will provide our children and children’s children with joy and recreation for many years to come.
Member – DuPage County Board
As a member of the DuPage County Board Gwen Henry played an active role in ensuring the county provided quality service to families while balancing the budget for eight straight years…all without raising taxes.
Mayor & Council Member – City of Wheaton
As Mayor and Council Member for the city of Wheaton, Gwen Henry was instrumental in the development of the Wyndemere Senior Living Campus in Wheaton. The facility has filled a significant need in the community by providing residential options for our aging population as well as freeing up homes in the community for new families.
Chairman – Central DuPage Health System
As Chairman of the Central DuPage Health System, Gwen Henry worked to set policy and oversees the execution of the system’s strategic plan. The Central DuPage Health System is comprised of Central DuPage Hospital, Wyndemere Senior Living Campus, a convalescent home, Community Nursing Services, and more.
Vice Chairman – American Cancer Society, DuPage Regional Board
As a cancer survivor, Gwen Henry took on this important leadership role and focused her energies on education efforts in preventing home and workplace cancer. She participated in extensive fundraising activities including organizing Relay for Life events throughout DuPage County.
Board Treasurer – Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital
As Board Treasurer of Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, which is operated by the Franciscan Nuns, Gwen Henry chaired the finance committed that oversees the budgeting for the facility.
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, Treasurer
- Former Principal, Dugan & Lopatka, Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Illinois Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Service Work and Awards
- American Cancer Society, DuPage Regional Board, 2000-2014
- Conservation Foundation Advisory Board, 2004-Present
- Kiwanis Club, Citizen of the Year Award, 2004
- Outstanding Women in Government Award Recipient, YWCA
- Marklund Charities for the Profoundly Disabled, Friend of the Year Award, 1998
- Past President, District Treasurer and Member Rotary Club
- Elder, Presbyterian Church USA, active in mission programs including PADS, Peoples Resource Center and Transitional Housing
- Silver Beaver Award Recipient, Boy Scouts of America
- University of Kansas, BS, Business Administration, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Public Funds Manager
- Certified Public Finance Administrator
- Program in Advanced Trustee Studies, Harvard Law School
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans -Advanced Investment Management Program, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business